More About What We Do
Alliance Organizations contribute to Bible translation movements in many ways . The Alliance as a whole and the Global Alliance leadership contribute through:
1) Deepening missiological reflection: Structured consultations and ongoing dialogue across the Alliance create space and opportunity for a wide range of people to study issues of importance to the Alliance Organizations and to Bible translation movements.
2) Nurturing leaders for the Bible translation movement: Current and future leaders for the Bible translation movement are given opportunities to learn and grow through intergenerational forums, formal and informal mentoring, coaching and encouragement in leading as servants and shepherds.
3) Facilitating effective and timely communication: Easily accessible media resources and communication training help Organizations and individuals share the stories of God at work through His Word and people. These collaboratively gathered resources encourage prayer and a variety of other means of participation in the Bible translation movements.
4) Strengthening Alliance Organizations: Organizational development initiatives and board governance training help Organizations reach their full potential.
5) Equipping for Bible translation: With the Bible Translation Programs Philosophy statement as a motivational guide, Alliance Organizations are equipped to address the foundations (biblical, theological and missiological) for Bible translation, identify what God’s transformational impact through Bible translation programs looks like, and define the scope of their Bible translation programs.
6) Strengthening community and serving in unity: The Alliance believes in community, partnership and friendship, not merely as a means of accomplishing work, but as an expression of the unity of believers. Being a community is not optional. As God’s people community is our reality. Throughout the Alliance we encourage and model a community of trust and friendship.
7) Supporting collaboration: Closer partnerships among organizations in the Alliance are intentionally encouraged through sharing of expertise and experience among organizations so that barriers and tensions are overcome. The Alliance also partners formally and informally with a wide range of other organizations and networks.
8) Encouraging stewardship: Stewardship in God’s mission recognizes inclusive participation in which all are givers and receivers. Alliance organizations are encouraged to discover God’s provision for their ministries and generously share their resources with others in the Bible translation movement.
9) Ensuring a Trustworthy Organization: Desiring to glorify God in all things, and to be an example of sound ethics and accountability, the Alliance is following best practices in fiscal management and governance.
Our common purposes bring us together in an ongoing journey of growth and change. In dependency on God and through reflective practice we seek God’s continual transformation in us and in local communities wherever we live and serve.
The latestView all articles
Europe Communications Forum Goes Global
Not all 120 Wycliffe Global Alliance organisations have the luxury of ...Read more
More than Raising Funds: Event Strengthened Partnerships Across Asia-Pacific
A new, multi-agency funding event in Asia achieved much more than just...Read more