Pray for Alliance organisations involved in the Bible Translation Programmes Stream
Wycliffe Global Alliance organisations involved in the Bible translation programmes stream manage one or more Bible translation programmes. These typically include Scripture engagement and literacy elements.
Pray for these organisations:
- Thank God for the ever-increasing number and variety of Bible translation programmes throughout the world. Organisations small and large work together to make sure people have Scripture in the language and format that communicates the best.
- Pray for the people involved in managing Bible translation programmes to serve with honour and integrity. Ask God to make them wise as they oversee personnel, time management and funding challenges. Ask God to help them to manage programmes effectively and efficiently while still honouring the translation project staff and the community they serve
- Pray for unity among the staff of the Alliance organisation and the partners involved in a Bible translation programme, including the church, community and other local Alliance and partner organisations. Ask God to help them build relationships which demonstrate God’s love in unity as they respect and honour one another.
- As an Alliance, we long for ‘Individuals, communities and nations [to be] transformed, through God’s love and Word expressed in their languages and cultures’. Pray for the staff of each Bible translation project to demonstrate God’s love. Pray that each verse of Scripture translated will bring transformation in their own lives, in the lives of others and in the community as a whole.
- Ask God to help the Alliance organisation to establish good systems to monitor progress and understand Bible translation needs among language communities in their context.
The latestView all articles
Bible translation movement shows big progress
After a predictable slowdown during the first two years of the pandemic, the global Bible translation movement saw major advances in the past year — with Asia and Africa leading the way.Read more
'God made a way'
Watch the dedication of the Ambonese Malay New Testament and learn why this translation was needed.Read more