- Alternate names: "Badiu", Caboverdiano, Criol, Crioulo, Kriol, Krioulo, Krioulu, "Sampadjudu"
- Dialects: Caboverdiano-Barlavento, Caboverdiano-Sotavento, Kabuverdianu-Barlavente, Kabuverdianu-Sotaventu
- Scriptures published:
- Literacy: Cape Verdeans who can read Portuguese [por] are able to read Kabuverdianu, with a little effort to adjust to a few differences between the Portuguese orthography and the official Kabuverdianu orthography. Literacy rate in second language(s): 29% Portuguese. Taught in primary schools. Taught in secondary schools
Second Language: No information available.
- Primary country: Cape Verde
- Region: Kabuverdianu-Sotaventu spoken on Santiago, Maio, Fogo, and Brava islands; Kabuverdianu-Barlavente spoken on Santo Antão, São Vicente, São Nicolau, Sal, and Boa Vista islands
- Also used in: France, Germany, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Portugal, Senegal, Spain, United States
- Religion: Christian
- Status: Statutory language of national identity in Cape Verde Islands
- Number of users: 872,000
- Vitality: Educational
(data from Ethnologue and other sources)