A Call to Prayer About the Impact of COVID-19 (Coronavirus Disease 2019)
(6 March 2020) COVID-19 started in Asia and now has a widespread impact globally, with people contracting the illness in all regions of the world. Millions of people are suffering from fear and the effects on their daily lives from restrictions of many types. The economic impact is apparent in some countries. Some churches are choosing not to meet, and need prayer on how to best serve. In the Bible Translation movement, people planning conferences, workshops and meetings have to assess risk in a constantly changing situation.
God calls us to demonstrate his love for this world. Some of us can do this by supporting those who are sick or encouraging colleagues in the nations most affected by the virus. We can all join together in unity to pray for our world at this time of uncertainty, sadness and loss. We will share specific needs about the COVID-19 situation on this page in the coming weeks.
- That God will stop the spread of the virus.
- That those living in fear will find God’s peace that passes understanding as they present their requests to God. (Philippians 4:6-7)
- That God will provide for all those who are suffering economically.
- For healing for individuals who have been infected with COVID-19. Ask God to comfort those who are mourning the loss of someone they love who has died as a result of this disease.
- That the authorities in countries impacted will know how to best look after those who are ill from COVID-19 and contain the spread of the disease.
- For leaders of the Alliance and of all partner organisations. Ask God to give them wisdom to respond in good stewardship, but not fear. Pray that he would guide them in implementing safety measures if meetings go forward as planned.
- For all staff who are coping with challenges resulting from changed travel plans and cancelled meetings.
Coronavirus Prayer Update 12 March 2020: Postponed workshops in Asia, meeting decisions in the Philippines, cancelled meetings in Kenya. Christians are not immune to the impact of COVID19. We have an opportunity to encourage each other to place our faith in God.
Coronavirus Prayer Update 20 March 2020 (English only): AITB staff in Italy affected by the country’s lockdown, BTL’s annual ‘Run for the Bibleless’ postponed in Kenya, trainings affected in South Korea and Spain. The situation surrounding COVID-19 and responses to its impact are constantly changing around the world. God is sovereign and he is our place of safety, our protection and our strength.
Coronavirus Prayer Update 27 March 2020 (English only): Alliance organizations in Europe, Asia and Africa face decisions and challenges that affect their work during the Coronavirus pandemic. God is helping some to find creative solutions. Pray that leaders and staff all across the Alliance will find ways to “be still” (Psalm 46:10) before God during the pandemic.
The latestView all articles
New Directions – Language & Translation in the Mission of God Course
New Directions – Language & Translation in the Mission of G...Read more
COVID-19: A message from Kirk Franklin
Dear friends, We live in what politicians, histo...Read more