Wycliffe Global Alliance Bible Translation Programs Philosophy
The purpose of this philosophy statement of Bible translation programs is to inspire and guide Wycliffe Global Alliance organizations. It is an expression of the shared values and fundamental beliefs regarding:
- The rationale for Bible translation programs found within the mission of God (missio Dei);
- The transformational impact God desires for language communities which guides and shapes Bible translation programs;
- The key principles that can guide how Alliance Organizations strategically respond to the widely varied polycentric contexts where Bible translation programs occur.
The Alliance Bible Translation Programs Philosophy Statement (BTPPS) was first released in 2013 and served Alliance organizations and the Bible translation movement well, shaping several consultations and discussions around the principles and values in the Philosophy Statement.
At the request of the Alliance Board, a small revision team was convened in February 2019 to
- Review and update the Philosophy Statement so that it reflects the current and future interests and concerns of Bible translation movements;
- Align the Philosophy Statement with the Alliance’s Statements Regarding the Wycliffe Global Alliance’s Relationship with the Church.
The new version of this document, Bible Translation Programs Philosophy (BTPP), is more concise, yet retains the spirit of the original statement. The revision team anticipates that the missiological insights and principles will continue to guide and serve the global Bible translation movement.
View and download a PDF of the Bible Translation Programs Philosophy.
The latestView all articles
PNG Bible Translation Association marks 40th anniversary
The Papua New Guinea Bible Translation Association marks its 40th anni...Read more