- Alternate names: Mbandza, Mbanja, Mbanza; Also, in Congo: Banja, Mbanja, Mbanza
- Dialects: Gbado, Kala
- Scriptures published: New Testament (1998) Portions (1986)
- Literacy: Most also use Lingala [lin]. Also use Ngbaka [nga]
Second Language: No information available.
- Primary country: Democratic Republic of the Congo
- Region: Equateur province: Sud Ubangi, Nord Ubangi, and west Mongala districts; west, southwest, and east of the Ngbaka [nga]
- Also used in: Central African Republic, Congo,
- Religion: No information available.
- Number of users: 362,460 (352,000 in Democratic Republic of the Congo; 9,060 in Congo (2000))
- Vitality: Developing
(data from Ethnologue and other sources)