- Alternate names: Judeo-German, Yiddish Also: in -- Judeo-German
- Scriptures published: Bible (1821--1936) New Testament (1821--1950) Old Testament (1678--1936) Portions (1544--1939)
- Literacy: No information available.
Second Language: No information available.
- Primary country: Israel
- Region: Southeastern dialect in Ukraine and Romania, Mideastern dialect in Poland and Hungary, Northeastern dialect in Lithuania and Belarus
- Also used in:
- Religion: Jewish
- Status: Language of recognized nationality in Moldova; Language of recognized nationality in Romania; Language of recognized nationality in Sweden
- Number of users: 1,505,030 (215,000 in Israel (1986); 800 in Latvia)
(data from Ethnologue and other sources)