- no Scripture
- New Testament
- Alternate names: Bairisch, Bavarian Austrian, Bayerisch, Ost-Oberdeutsch Also: in Czech Republic -- Bavarian Austrian, Bayerisch; in Germany -- Bairisch, Bavarian Austrian, Bayerisch; in Italy -- Bavarian Austrian, Bayerisch
- Scriptures published: Bible (1998) New TestamentPortions (1971)
- Literacy: No information available.
- Primary country: Austria
- Region: Central Bavarian in the Alps and Lower Austria and Salzburg; North Bavarian north of Regensburg, to Nuremburg and Western Bohemia, Czech Republic; South Bavarian in Bavarian Alps, Tyrol, Styria, including the Heanzian dialect of Burgenland, Carinthia, northern Italy, and part of Gottschee
- Also used in: Czech Republic, Germany, Italy
- Religion: No information available.
- Number of users: 13,259,000 (7,000,000 in Austria (2005); 9,000 in Czech Republic (2005); 6,000,000 in Germany (2005); 250,000 in Italy (2005))
(data from Ethnologue and other sources)