- Alternate names: Arowak, Lokono; Also, in French Guiana: Lokono; in Guyana: Arowak, Lokono; in Venezuela: Arowak, Lokono
- Scriptures published: Portions (1850--1978)
- Literacy: Literacy rate in first language: Below 1% in Arawak. Literacy rate in second language(s): 25%--50%. Daily spoken language is Sranan [srn] or Dutch [nld]
Second Language: No information available.
- Primary country: Suriname
- Region: Commewijne and Para districts, several villages between coast and about 30 km inland, mainly on the savanna
- Also used in: French Guiana, Guyana, Venezuela
- Religion: No information available.
- Livelihood: Swidden agriculturalists
- Number of users: 2,450 (700 in Suriname (1980 census); 150; 1,500; 100)
- Vitality: Moribund
(data from Ethnologue and other sources)