- Alternate names: Catio, Embena, Eyabida, Katio; Also, in Panama: Catío, Embena, Epera, Katio
- Scriptures published: Portions (1975--2012)
text online See above
- Literacy: Literacy rate in first language: Below 1% in Emberá-Catío. Literacy rate in second language(s): 5%--15%. A few also use Spanish [spa]
Second Language: No information available.
- Primary country: Colombia
- Region: Antioquia, Córdoba, and Chocó departments; upper Sinu, San Jorge, San Pedro, and Murri rivers
- Also used in: Panama
- Religion: No information available.
- Number of users: 15,040 (15,000 in Colombia; 40 in Panama (1982 SIL))
- Vitality: Vigorous
(data from Ethnologue and other sources)