- Alternate names: Nakoda, Stony
- Dialects: Northern Stoney, Southern Stoney
- Scriptures published: Portions (1970--1973)
- Literacy: Literacy rate in first language: Below 1% in Stoney. Literacy rate in second language(s): 75%--100%
Second Language: No information available.
- Primary country: Canada
- Region: Southern Alberta, west and northwest of Calgary, central Alberta, west of Edmonton, on Alexis, Paul, Bighorn, Morley, Eden Valley reserves
- Religion: No information available.
- Number of users: 3,160
- Vitality: Threatened
(data from Ethnologue and other sources)