American Sign Language
- Alternate names: ASL Also: in -- Ameslan, ASL; in -- Belize Sign Language
- Scriptures published: New Testament (2005) Old Testament (2013) Portions (1982--1996)
The JESUS Film See above
- Literacy: Literacy is almost always based on English rather than ASL. Deaf people's English varies from highly literate to illiterate, but the average deaf student graduates from high school with a 3rd or 4th grade reading level
Second Language: No information available.
- Primary country: United States
- Also used in:
- Religion: No information available.
- Number of users: 257,050 (; ; 3,000)
- Vitality: Wider Communication
(data from Ethnologue and other sources)