- Alternate names: "Badiu", Caboverdiano, Criol, Crioulo, Kriol, Krioulo, Krioulu, "Sampadjudu"
- Scriptures published: Portions (1936--2009)
FCBH () See above
text online See above
The JESUS Film See above
- Literacy: Cape Verdeans who can read Portuguese [por] are able to read Kabuverdianu, with a little effort to adjust to a few differences between the Portuguese orthography and the official Kabuverdianu orthography. Taught in primary schools. Taught in secondary schools
Second Language: No information available.
- Primary country: Cape Verde
- Region: Kabuverdianu-Sotaventu is spoken on Santiago, Maio, Fogo, and Brava islands; Kabuverdianu-Barlavente is spoken on Santo Antão, São Vicente, São Nicolau, Sal, and Boa Vista islands
- Also used in:
- Religion: Christian
- Status: Statutory language of national identity in Cape Verde Islands
- Number of users: 1,202,000
- Vitality: Educational
(data from Ethnologue and other sources)