- Alternate names: Elwana, Ilwana, "Malakote", "Malankote"
- Scriptures published: None
- Literacy: Literacy rate in first language: Below 1% in Kiwilwana. Orthography under development. Literacy rate in second language(s): Below 5%. Also use Kiswahili [swh] or English [eng]
Second Language: No information available.
- Primary country: Kenya
- Region: Coast and North-Eastern provinces, Tana River district, Tana River north of Pokomo, between Bura and Garissa
- Religion: Muslim
- Livelihood: Agriculturalists; fishermen
- Number of users: 16,800
- Vitality: Vigorous
(data from Ethnologue and other sources)