- Alternate names: Ngazidja, Ngazija, Shingazidja; Also, in Madagascar: Comores Swahili, Comoro, Komoro
- Scriptures published: Portions (1976--2007)
The JESUS Film See above
- Literacy: No information available.
Second Language: No information available.
- Primary country: Comoros
- Region: Autonomous Island, Ngazidja; also known as Grande Comore
- Also used in: Madagascar, Reunion
- Religion: Muslim
- Status: Statutory language of provincial identity in Comoros
- Number of users: 312,000 (300,000 in Comoros; 8,000 in Madagascar (Johnstone and Mandryk 2001))
- Vitality: Developing
(data from Ethnologue and other sources)