- Alternate names: Mambay, Mamgbay, Mamgbei, Manbai, Mangbai, Mangbei, Mongbay; Also, in Chad: Mambay, Mamgbay, Mamgbei, Manbai, Mangbai, Mangbaï de Biparé, Mangbei, Momboi, Mongbay
- Scriptures published: Portions (2011--2014)
- Literacy: No information available.
Second Language: No information available.
- Primary country: Cameroon
- Region: North region, along Mayo-Kebi river near Chad border: Mayo Louti division, Guider and Figuil subdivisions; Bénoué division, Bibemi and Pitoa subdivisions
- Also used in: Chad
- Religion: Muslim, Christian
- Number of users: 14,000 (8,000 in Cameroon (2002 SIL); 2,000 in Chad (2002 SIL))
- Vitality: Vigorous
(data from Ethnologue and other sources)